International Tax Law
Our lawyers and tax advisors (Germela Deltakap), who are familiar with national and international tax law, advise cross-industry companies on their international activities in the Middle East as well as in China, Hong Kong, Vietnam and Singapore. In doing so, we always consider the entire group and search for optimal tax structuring solutions from a national and international perspective. The same applies to advice on cross-border M&A transactions.
We advise on all issues relating to national tax law, including corporate taxation and types of taxes such as turnover and excise taxes, and keep our clients informed about current changes in tax law and any optimisation or adjustment measures that may need to be taken. In addition, our lawyers and tax advisors also advise on international tax law issues such as the treatment of tax issues under double taxation treaties (DTAs) or the principles and regulations resulting from the “Base Erosion and Profit Shifting” (BEPS) project developed by the OECD, which aim, among other things, to reduce the cross-border shifting of profits by multinational corporations by establishing uniform rules.
In addition to companies, we also advise individuals on relocation or activities abroad, e.g. on account of secondment.
Our range of services:
– Advice on tax planning and optimisation of business activities abroad.
– Development of a tax-optimized structure for your subsidiaries and branches abroad as well as for the entire group.
– Advice and training in questions of local tax law, e.g. VAT law in some GCC states or Zakat tax liability for companies in Saudi Arabia.
– Support in the preparation of tax returns abroad, e.g. VAT returns in the GCC states and advice in opposition proceedings and other proceedings with the local tax authorities.
– Advising shareholders and business owners on moving abroad, e.g. with regard to exit taxation.
– Advice on compliance with tax regulations in the respective target region (tax compliance), including tax returns and tax returns, documentation obligations, etc.
– Tax advice on M&A transactions and expansions.
– Representation before local tax authorities and tax courts (if necessary with the help of our local partners)